GLENVIEW NEW CHURCH SCHOOLS
1. K-8 Midterm check-in – Jan. 11th-15th
2. Pre-8 – No School – Jan. 18th – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
3. 5th-HS – Ski Day – Jan. 22nd
4. Pre-8 – Winter Luncheon Jan. 27th
--Preschoolers are invited to stay an hour longer to enjoy the lunch and short program provided. Miss Kendra will communicate details about this.
5. Faculty Study – Feb. 2nd – No afternoon School
6. Special Dress Day – Feb. 9th —Hats and Socks Day! Have some fun wearing a favorite hat or colorful socks and play clothes – no uniform needed!
From the Principal:
Mid-term and mid-year are here! With the cold of January comes the point in the school year where we reach halfway through. Teachers will be reaching out by phone or email to give you a short update on your child's progress. You are always welcome to request a conference, if you prefer. In addition to mid-terms, January brings us an opportunity to honor Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. with a day off; the upper grades students enjoy a day learning to ski in Wisconsin; and the whole school with invited parents and senior guests enjoy a winter luncheon and short program.
Re-enrollment coming up in February: Even as we are involved in continuing to make this school year great, the administration is busy making plans for the 2016-2017 school year. Re-enrollment will take place in February. We hope to have it complete by March 1st this year for planning purposes. Applications for financial aid can take place any time on the FACTS portal. We have planned two parent meetings in early February to provide you with an opportunity to hear the plans and see what's coming up. See below.
Parent Meetings Coming Up! Please note the following meetings:
1. Preschool Parents: February 8th at 6:30 PM (following our Open House). Information about the classrooms, transitions, and plans for the 2016-207 school year (30 minutes). Babysitting available.
2. Parents of current 2nd-4th Graders: February 3rd at 7:00 PM —For parents of current 2nd-4th graders. Come learn about next year's classroom experience in Grades 3-5. We're looking forward to making this an engaging, personalized, and fun classroom. We will share the plans and answer any questions you may have.
3. General Parent Meeting: To be determined: I was remiss in not letting you know that the Jan. 13th scheduled parent meeting was postponed. I apologize. We will let you know when the next meeting is scheduled.
Open House: On February 8th, the school will be opening up its doors for an Open House to show off our teachers, our classrooms and our fantastic grounds. We will be holding open house session in the morning from 10:30 am - 12:00 pm and in the evening from 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm. This is a great opportunity for you to invite your friends to see our wonderful school. The most effective way for our school to grow is through word of mouth. Tell your friends what you genuinely love about this school and invite them to come see for themselves. . Here are the details of our event:
Glenview New Church School Preschool and Kindergarten Open House
Date: February 8th, 2016
Time: 10:30 am - 12 pm and from 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
The Glenview New Church has 26 acres close to downtown Glenview, with a half day preschool for 3s and 4s, a full day preschool for 4 year olds, and a full day Kindergarten. The school offers a school garden, 7,000 sq/ft gymnasium and classrooms with plenty of natural light. Staff pride themselves in our small class sizes where they can give students individualized attention. Please come for a school tour and meet the Principal and teachers. RSVP not required but appreciated at email@example.com or 847-724-0057
Children are welcome to attend!
Santa came to visit the preschool and kindergartners.